Sunday 3 January 2016

Sand play



This kid is afraid of sand. He won't step foot on the beach. 
He has swam in the sea with granddad and grandma before but when I try to put him into the water this time, he refused to go down.  He clung to me for his dear life.

Day 1 in kudat , I didn't expect him to be afraid hence I dressed them both in proper beach attire . Kayjay was the only one playing while ks stuck to me the entire afternoon .

Kj is a beach bum because he is so at ease and the moment he found a spade , he sat down and play! 



Thank goodness for the enormous tree which provides shade for people like me .

The kids here can surf amazingly well ! 

So! This funny kayshen , repeatedly tells us that he wants to go to the beach the next morning. 

Fed him well, dressed appropriately, slathered sunblock and off we go ! 

Again, he didn't want to get off me! Glued himself to me . He refused to even sit on the log. I had to reassure him and calm him down.
And we both sat on the log, and watched his brother play and dad surf . Kids, they can't sit still and watch can they ?
So he requested for me to bring him to his brother . He wants to go to the beach he says . I told him his is beach. Go walk to your brother . He didn't want.

After a while, I thought hey this is not it !

I need to help him to overcome his phobia . So I clutched him and went to his brother who is by the water , threw him down on the sand and gave him the spade and other tools. He shrieked and wailed! I showed him how to play and within 30seconds he calmed down and started playing .
He was very cautious with the sand and I need to be next to him!

It was unbearably hot so I moved him up higher where there is shade and he let down his hair at the end of it. 
Good job son !




No comments: