Tuesday 3 August 2010

it is just the beginning


kj is 6 mths old today. it also marks my success in breastfeeding him exclusively to date. i'd like to extend my sincerest gratitude to those who have contributed in this accomplishment. your kindness will be paid off one day. thank u so much. you know who you are.



i copied the above text from my fb shoutout.

i was overwhelmed with emotion when i thought of giving up breastfeeding just few days ago. im at TPN and there isnt a decent corner for me to express milk at work. our tpn unit has moved to another hospital so i have to travel a little further everyday. i still make my usual trips back home during lunch albeit the distance.

anyway, when i was thinking about my decreasing milk supply that afternoon, i teared. i dont know if u people would understand, maybe not now but in future, i was really upset. i thought maybe it is time for me to stop bf-ing and get milk powder instead. however, i still have milk. it would be unfair for KJ for me to take bromocriptine and stop the production totally? it feels cruel. i dont know why. so i try to push my thoughts away and try my best. i should not give up.

today is the 3rd. august. 6 months has passed. im happy that i manage to bf for 6 months. one step at a time. 6 months was my target. but human is greedy. i'd like to extend my service further, to 2 years if possible. it is not an easy task, believe me.

ive expressed at many places, namely in a surau in mahkamah tinggi, in balai polis kota kinabalu, under the table in enforcement unit, in the car, by the beach in pulau manukan (covered up with a batik).

see how serious i am?


under the table in enforcement


oh and my ameda lactaline electric pump cost me rm700++
worth investing in one

initially hb bought medela harmony rm300
not a good buy but oh well, i wasnt prepared so i shouldnt complain
:)

i honestly urge all of you to breastfeed your baby
u could just look at them for hours when nursing
all the backache, neckache is NOTHING!
:)

happy birthday lil munchkin
mommy loves u!

No comments: