Sunday 26 April 2009

uber mom


i know...i know everyone is in the same position.

im worried. im nervous. im scared. im everything. so is everyone.

mom suggested that i can intentionally fail a few subjects, then i can retain and stay on for a year and travel.
she said this a few months back. i laughed over her idea and told her it was silly. back then i thought it was.

but as the exam is looming, i thought otherwise. it could happen y'know. no joke.

then suddenly her words flooded and haunt me now. i got suspicious over her suggestion. my brain shifted to analytical mood. i tried to analyze what she said. was there a tone of sacarsm?, i pondered. trying very hard to recall that phone call.

in addition, she said it over a few occasions, not just once.

i think she meant it.

how cool a mom she is.

so cool to encourage her daughter to fail.

so cool to ask me to go shopping to relax. but she will sometimes add that i do not necessarily have to buy. which means, i can only window shop :)

thanks mom

anyway, this morning, was the first time in my life, i de-gut a FISH! horribly disgusting.

initially, i used my bare hands and lifted the gills. previous night, i remembered housemate 2, miss lee, said that she did it before. so i thought it would not be that bad.

unfortunately, i couldnt do it. how? the heck of it, just cook the fish with the intestines intact?
hmmm...i stood in the kitchen and pondered.

in the end, i slipped on my working gloves (gloves which i used when cleaning the house) and do the work.

almost ripping off the gills, i poked my fingers into the stomach, and shut my eyes, hold my breath, pull out everything pull-able.

phew

job done

my curry fish was a success.

and u know people? ive almost forgotten of the taste of a fish. sigh.

and the gut is actually...only....the little front part. i tried to stick my entire finger into the fish, DEEP into it. but failed. then it struck me, that, "ohhhh, they are actually flesh la..stupid" (and u know how long my fingers are) bummer.
almost forgotten to descale as well. thanks to shinhun :)

still remember my gloves? i placed them on the bin in the toilet. after an hour or so, u thought u were in a fish market as u enter the loo! garrhhh. ended up throwing one side of the glove. :S

still need the other unpaired glove to work on the remaining fish-es in the freezer.

i finished my curry fish paste. im calling home to order fish curry paste via air delivery. hah!


ps: btw, the fish had been hibernating in my freezer for months. since 2008. *smirks* housemate 4, miss tam had been reminding me a couple of times about my forlorn fish. hee. finally. i did it.


fluffy!
naan
from tesco
super delicious! can eat it on its own!
im going to eat it on its own later in the day!

mak nyonya fish curry paste (from mindy)
thank u!!!!! so much!!!!

i thought im good in cutting chicken.
now i can do fish too!
definitely adding more marks to qualify to be a MRS!
darn! cant believe ive progressed to such a stage. of. desperation.
shame.
fish head.
hu tao
poppi poppi
freshness. sealed.
white flesh.
omega 3.

ewww. i was never good with fish.
no skin.
no bones.
no black or brown or any colour flesh.
only consume PURE WHITE flesh.

*curtsy*
the end

6 comments:

Shin Hun said...

huh?u got cook fish today?hw come i din realise tat?din even c any pot wf curry!-_-

Anonymous said...

hor..cook already never offer housemates har million....LOL

huiyin

Mindytsc said...

Is de paste "hochiak"?? I neva try b4 leh :P

u muz be thinking why i bot 4u without trying 1st :P
actually wat initially attracted me to purchase was de picture illustrated! :P tell me faster whether i got kena conned onot???

yieng said...

itu paste last time i purposely go melaka to buy wan when it was yet to be distributed whole malaysia. damn power itu paste..sedap sial

curiositykills said...

sh:

ahahhahah sesat lah u!!! but coz i think i cooked very early. and the pot was in my room the entire day! lols! paiseh ah! ahahha...i already think. plan to cook for u all when i get the paste ;)
but a bit sked i wont get the paste leh. u noe how irresponsible.....-___-...heee

miss cho:
aiyo...trial ma...i sayang housemates..dont take dem as white mouse..i jadi white mouse 1st wan..confirm nice baru kenduri ma...:p

mindy:

very nice!!! my mom has been sending me this brand all the while!!! that's y i was like EH??? HOW COME SHE GOT THIS BRAND ONE? ehehhehe at home my mom doesnt use paste. but her fren recommended her this brand. thank u so mch! but my mom din send me fish la. she sent tomyam, vege and chicken. coz i told her no fish here.hee i dont buy la as in. mahal ma..:(

yieng:

oh serious? ooo so u know this brand one la? i didnt know weih! gotta thank mom's fren for introducing her! really super sedap lO! :))) wheee
how did u know about this brand btw?

kxin said...

ur mum suggest that so u won't feel that pressure i guess!! ;) u won't fail la dun worry!