Sunday 13 October 2013

Bathing during confinement


people think i cant bathe my own son.
hello?
does my face says something?
just because i have a baby face does not mean i cannot do all these.

of course, my mom have to be one of them.
once you are their babies, you are forever their babies. (im not opposing)
either she loves bathing my children, or she did not trust me with them.
fine with me.
i will let her do it then.

i did not get to bathe my son at all throughout the confinement period.

they like to ask if i know how to handle him, if i can bathe him when im back here alone. 
-____-''
this is the pro mom doing it :)


bathed in clean tepid water

both his grannies
he can sleep like this...-____-'''

wash face, clean tongue
check out the colour of the water.
this was winter melon water.

they claimed this is good for jaundice baby.

whatever!

no hokey pokey this time.
nothing internal.
whereas kj had lots of potions: goat's milk, coconut water, water chestnut, etc
and kj bathed in guinness stout, herbs etc




finally, he can sleep in peace =)



this is lemon grass and ginger water.

i told mom not to buy bathing herbs from the chinese medicinal hall for me this time, which she did previously.

i googled and found this recipe.
boil lots of lemongrass and ginger.
easy peasy.

mom had an uncle dug out one entire bush of lemongrass planted by dad.

so the lemongrass used were entirely organic. ha-ha

smells invigorating.

i bathed a couple of times during my confinement month.
more so than my first confinement.

going in and out of the hospital in the first 2 weeks make me sweat and i felt yucky meeting people with a smelly head.
so hubs washed my hair twice.
the second time was before we took the flight home to mom's house.

back in mom's house, i washed my hair again on the 3rd week.
no idea why this time i was 'hotter' and dirtier.

kj's time i could live without bathing.

the water must be warm when bathing.
must not shower with cold water.

i know many modern moms do not follow this rule these days, but I'm those type who loves these old folks tales :p

i hope they wont extinct.
hihi

No comments: