Sunday 1 September 2013

NICU food

my babies are all NICU babies.

NICU = neonatal ICU

when they were there, this was their food.


by Wyeth

there have 2 types.
one for preterm babies.
another one for term babies.

this bottle in the photo above is for premature babies.
BAYI KURANG BERAT BADAN KETIKA LAHIR

SEDIA DIMINUM

the nurses will warm the milk before consuming

i was worried about what my baby was drinking when they were in ward.

when my first child was in NICU, i interrogated them.

i was alarmed! how could they feed formula?
anxiously i questioned hubs.
how come they did not ask me for ebm (expressed breast milk).

i went to NICU myself and all they told me was:
susu yang sudah dibancuh. bukan susu tepung.
tidak dapat beli susu ini di luar.
ok, so it is not formula milk.
i was in peace.

calmly i went home and diligently pumped milk and hubs busy transporting.
petrol bills are high i tell you.

this time when i was in NNJ (neonatal jaundice) unit, i watched the nurses fed the babies.
last time i was too busy watching my own child.
:D

this boy likes the milk, chilled.

it tastes pretty good! :D
not like our cow's milk.
its a little malty.

the nurse asked if i want to buy the milk.
she approached the wrong person man!

even though it is THIS much!
no matter.
just pump!

i used Medela Harmony manual single pump.

No comments: